A continuous practice of gratitude is hard work. Life can be discouraging, and It’s not easy to choose gratitude.
Sometimes, blessings are as clear as day. Other times, it’s almost impossible to see the good.
But the amazing and well-documented benefits of gratitude make it a worthwhile practice, no matter how difficult.
So how can you get started with gratitude?
There’s many ways to practice gratitude, but one of the simplest and most effective is to use affirmations for gratitude.
In this post, I’ll cover 45 affirmations for gratitude that you can use to practice gratitude each day.
First, let’s cover the basics of affirmations and gratitude.
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are short, positive statements that are meant to be repeated to instill positive change in your thoughts and behaviors.
They’re meant to be said aloud or written down several time on a regular basis.
Many affirmations begin with the words “I am”, often called I am statements. That said, affirmations can take on almost any format. Just choose ones that are positive and resonate with you personally.
You can use affirmations to improve specific areas of your life, like self confidence, your career, or gratitude.
Basically, by saying or writing an affirmation, we invite it to be true.
So while it may feel untrue to say sometime like “I am thankful for the blessings of today” on a really bad day, it can work over time to change your beliefs and see things in a more positive way.
That’s the whole idea– to affect positive change in your beliefs, thoughts, and even actions over time.
How to Use Affirmations
There are many ways to use affirmations. Here’s a simple and effective way to get started:
- Choose 1-3 affirmations that resonate with you. (Or create your own)
- Write the affirmations on a sticky note
- Then, Place the sticky note on your bathroom mirror
- Say the affirmations 5-10 times each morning and evening before bedtime
Yes, out loud. Saying your affirmations out loud will make them more concrete and amplify their effects.
What are the Benefits of Using Affirmations for Gratitude?
I have a whole post on the benefits of gratitude, and they’re pretty crazy. In short, grateful people are healthier, happier, and more motivated.
But if someone told you to just be more grateful— how would you go about doing that? Affirmations provide a concrete way to improve gratitude in your life.
Affirmations for gratitude can either help you maintain an overall mindset of gratitude, or focus in on specific areas of gratitude in your life.
And remember, these affirmations for gratitude are just a starting point. You can always modify or create your own.
While you go through this list, I encourage you to think about which ones resonate with you the most. Think about how they make you feel, and write them down somewhere so you can use them in your daily gratitude practice.
45 Affirmations for Gratitude
- I am thankful for the opportunity today brings.
- My life is full of blessings
- I am thankful for the power I have to create a life I love
- I am grateful for my friends and family
- I am able to see the good in each day
- I invite gratitude into my heart
- I am thankful for the obstacles I have overcome
- I trust that more blessings are coming my way
- I have everything I need
- The universe is infinite and abundant
- I am thankful for my health
- I show my appreciation for those around me
- Practicing gratitude raises my spirits and brings more abundance
- I am grateful to simply experience life
- I intentionally choose gratitude
- I believe in the power of gratitude
- I am thankful for music
- I am thankful to experience the world through my senses
- I am thankful for the roof over my head
- Thank you, emotions, for allowing me to experience both the highs and lows
- Thank you, mind, for allowing me to solve challenging problems
- Thank you, body, for allowing me to have a physical experience on earth
- Thank you (universe, god, allah), for the blessings you have bestowed on me
- I am thankful for today’s small victories
- I am aware of how blessed I truly am
- I actively seek the blessings in my life
- I am thankful for my safety
- I am grateful for those who dedicate their lives to making the world a better place
- I am thankful for the sunshine
- I start each day feeling grateful
- I maintain a grateful heart
- I notice the good in each moment
- My gratitude grows each day
- I am thankful for the comfort of my bed
- I am thankful for laughter
- I am blessed with creativity, courage, and abundance
- I am thankful for those who teach me
- I am thankful for a good nights sleep
- It is easy to notice the blessings in my life
- I have so much to be thankful for
- I overflow with thanksgiving
- My gratitude and appreciation is contagious
- I am grateful for the possibilities ahead of me
- Gratitude brings me peace
- Thank you, thank you, thank you
Doesn’t it feel good just to read these affirmations?
The benefits of gratitude are long lasting, but can also be felt just in a single moment.
So how will you incorporate gratitude affirmations into your life?
I invite you to start now, and make a plan. Know that you can do this in just a couple minutes each day.
And if you slip, and have a day where all you can think about is the negative, it’s okay.
In fact, that’s part of being human. You can’t be positive and grateful 100% of the time. That’s what’s called toxic positivity.
Just do your best to see the good, and more good will come your way. That’s what these affirmations for gratitude are all about.
Looking for More Affirmations?
You’re in luck! Check out some other posts I have with more affirmations you can use each day:
- 50 Affirmations for Self Love & How to Use Them
- 35 Powerful Affirmations for Entrepreneurs
- 50 Positive Bedtime Affirmations for a Good Night’s Sleep