What you think over the course of a day can have a significant impact on your emotions and actions. Over the course of a single day, the average person has between 45,000 and 51,000 thoughts. When left on autopilot, up to 80% of these thoughts are negative.
So what if we could control out thoughts, and consciously bring to mind powerful and positive ideas? That’s where affirmations come in! Affirmations are short, powerful statements that we intentionally bring to mind throughout the day. This can help us overcome negativity foster feelings of positivity, peace, and joy. By choosing the right affirmations, we have more control over what we feel in the course of a day. Over time, this helps us create a life that we love.
What are Bedtime Affirmations?
Sometimes, affirmations can help us in specific areas of our lives, or even times of day. Bedtime affirmations are affirmations that specifically help us wind down, relax, and fall asleep.
In this post, I’ve compiled 50 bedtime affirmations that can help us wind down from a long day on a positive note and achieve restful sleep. By doing so, we can release the burdens of the day and start the next day fresh. Not to mention, bedtime affirmations can help you get higher quality sleep.
Don’t believe me? Studies have shown that those with more positive thoughts & gratitude before bedtime report higher sleep quality.
With that in mind, I hope these affirmations help you let go of your day & find peace as you wind down.
50 Bedtime Affirmations
- I am open to the blessings tomorrow will bring
- I give myself permission to relax and let go of the day
- I am grateful for today
- Today, I did enough
- I deserve rest
- Right now, I feel relaxed and ready for sleep
- Today, I did my best, and I am free to rest now
- I am safe & secure
- I enjoy peaceful sleep every night
- My tension from the day is melting away
- I am looking forward to a bright morning tomorrow
- I am able to let go of today’s imperfections
- I am resting comfortably
- Today, I had kind thoughts
- My efforts today will bring prosperity tomorrow
- Today was full of love
- I cherish sleep
- I am loved, happy, secure, and beautiful.
- I forgive myself and others, and find peace in this
- I can have rejuvenating sleep tonight
- I can rest knowing that my dreams are coming true
- I feel totally and completely relaxed
- I release control of the day
- The people I love will rest peacefully tonight, too.
- There is nothing more for me to do today
- Tomorrow brings a fresh start
- Where I am tonight is where I am meant to be
- Rest comes easily to me
- I give myself permission to just be
- When I awake, I will do so with an open heart
- Sleep allows my body & mind to repair & re-energize
- I cherish the lessons I learned today
- I rest knowing today is complete
- Rest is important to me
- I release any resistance to relaxation
- I welcome the realizations that sleep brings
- I allow equanimity to overtake all of my thoughts
- I release my fear of tomorrow
- Today, I became closer to my highest self
- I am grateful for the ways I have grown today
- With every breath, I become more relaxed
- The possibilities of tomorrow are endless
- I am happy with myself
- I welcome deep sleep
- I am tired, and look forward to sleep
- I dream of positivity & fulfillment
- I welcome the events of today into the past
- Tomorrow, I will wake up with a purpose
- Nothing will disturb my peace
- I close this day with gratitude and drift into sleep.
How to Use these Affirmations
Really, if you can just commit to focusing on an affirmation that helps you individually, that will go a long way.
To get the most out of these affirmations, here’s a few things you can try:
- Pick 1-3 affirmations that really resonate with you. Once you’ve decided on your affirmations and are ready for rest, take a few deep breaths, and speak them out loud 3-5 times before you go to sleep. Take your time with this– it should take up to a few minutes.
- Hand write your affirmation 3-5 times on a piece of paper. This can be more comfortable than saying your affirmation out loud, and is my preferred way of doing things ? If you keep a journal, this is a great journaling exercise.
- Pick one affirmation & stick with it for a week. It can be super helpful to stick with the same affirmation over the course of time. This can help your body get used to your routine of relaxation.
- Notice the affect on how you feel. How are you feeling while doing your affirmation? How about after? This can help us identify and release our emotions.
- Keep refocusing. You may find that your mind wanders as you try to fall asleep. This is normal, and totally okay. Just keep bringing your focus back to relaxation & your affirmation. It’s sort of like meditation.
- Have your affirmation somewhere you see it every evening. I like keeping my affirmation in my planner so that I see it & am reminded to eventually spend some time winding down. You could also keep it on your phone home screen, a sticky note by your bed, or wherever you look frequently in the evening. In fact, these affirmations can make super cute printables! Print one out and place it in a small frame by your bedside as a reminder.
I hope these 50 bedtime affirmations helped you wind down, relax, and sleep deeply. ?