- About the throat chakra
- Signs of a balanced throat chakra
- Signs of a blocked throat chakra
- Throat chakra fast facts
- Ways to balance your throat chakra
- How throat chakra affirmations work
- How to use throat chakra affirmations
- 40 throat chakra affirmations
- Closing thoughts on affirmations for the throat chakra
The throat chakra is one of the seven major Chakras in the human body.
It is responsible for all things related to communication: verbal, nonverbal, and written.
When the throat chakra is balanced, we feel confident and clear in our communication. We can express ourselves without fear or hesitation.
If you’re looking to balance your throat chakra, affirmations are a great way to do it! In this article, we’ll cover 40 throat chakra affirmations that can help you open up and express yourself more freely.
About the throat chakra
As the name suggests, the throat chakra, or Vishuddha, is located at the center of your throat. And as you might guess, it’s responsible for all things expression and communication.
The throat chakra governs your inner dialogue as well as your dialogue with others.
It’s ultimately responsible for all forms of expression, including creative expression, conversation, and speaking truthfully.
Signs of a balanced throat chakra
If your throat chakra is balanced, you’ll feel positive about your communication skills. You may be confident in your ability to convey your ideas and feelings, and are able to express yourself clearly. You might also have a strong sense that your voice matters, and deserves to be heard. Not only this, but you likely have ways to express your creative energy whether that is through words, art, music, or something else.
Signs of a blocked throat chakra
If you feel frustrated in your ability to communicate with others, your throat chakra may be blocked. You might feel like you’re not able to say things clearly, or like others never understand you.
You might also feel scared or anxious to speak up and share your ideas, feelings, or experiences. Another, unexpected sign you may have a blocked throat chakra is difficulty paying attention or listening to others. After all, communication is a two way street.
If this sounds like you, reassure yourself that it’s ok to feel this way. With throat chakra affirmations, you can build your confidence in communicating.
Throat chakra fast facts
Location: center of the throat
Governs: communication, self expression, listening
Crystals: amazonite, blue lace agate, aquamarine, turquoise
Oils: spearmint, peppermint, frankincense, eucalyptus
Signs of a balanced throat chakra: clear and confident when communicating, self-expressive, good listener
Signs of unbalanced root chakra: overly shy and private, unable to speak clearly, afraid to speak up
Ways to balance your throat chakra
There are several different ways you can go about balancing your throat chakra. A few of my favorites are listed below:
- Use crystals. Reiki healers recommend wearing a blue crystal necklace to help balance your throat chakra. Blue is the color of the throat chakra, and wearing a blue crystal like amazonite or aquamarine around your neck may help balance your throat chakra.
- Yoga. There are different yoga poses to help with each chakra. For the throat chakra, focus on poses that stretch and release your neck muscles. Some good poses go focus on are camel pose, cobra pose, and fish pose.
- Throat chakra affirmations. My favorite way to balance the throat chakra and improve communication skills, and the focus of this blog post, are throat chakra affirmations. Throat chakra affirmations are short, positive statements that affirm positive qualities associated with a balanced throat chakra.
Let’s dive in to how throat chakra affirmations work, and how to use them.
How throat chakra affirmations work
Like all positive affirmations, throat chakra affirmations work by helping you enforce positive beliefs about yourself and replace negative ones.
Throat chakra affirmations specifically focus on things related to how you communicate, express yourself, and interact with others. When you repeat these throat chakra affirmations regularly, you start to believe them more and more.
This helps you to open up and express yourself more freely. Affirmations can be used in combination with other throat chakra healing techniques, such as meditation and yoga.
How to use throat chakra affirmations
There are several different ways you can use affirmations for the throat chakra.
To journal with affirmations, choose an affirmation from this list that resonates with you and write it over and over in your journal. Writing the affirmation down repeatedly helps you stay focused on it and set a clear intention.
You could also write a specific affirmation, and then reflect on how it makes you feel in your journal. Journaling is a great way to use positive affirmations, especially because you can look back and see your progress over time.
If you’re into meditation, you can use these throat chakra affirmations as mantras in your meditation practice.
Or, there are guided throat chakra meditations available on youtube that use similar affirmations.
Say your affirmations out loud
The best way to use throat chakra affirmations, in my opinion, is by repeating them out loud. Preferably while you are looking at yourself in the mirror.
Saying affirmations out loud can help them feel more real and build your confidence. When it comes to throat chakra affirmations, it’s especially important to say them out loud. The throat chakra is all about communication, after all! And that includes how you speak to yourself.
Throat chakra affirmations are a great way to balance your throat chakra. All this said, let’s get into the 40 throat chakra affirmations!
40 throat chakra affirmations
- I am confident in my ability to communicate.
- I express myself honestly
- I stand up for myself
- When I speak, my intention is always truth
- It is safe for me to express myself
- I can have an opinion
- I am an excellent communicator
- There is value in sharing my experiences with others
- When I speak, my message comes across clearly
- My words are kind
- I recognize that my words matter
- I love to write
- I enjoy deep conversations
- My voice has the power to make a difference
- My voice is heard and understood
- I always communicate my needs
- I am an active listener
- My ability to communicate leads to strong relationships
- I am able to be vulnerable and share my truth
- I communicate and connect with others through my art
- I have the courage to say what I think, even if it is different than others
- I am an active listener
- I always speak with love
- I say kind things about others
- I am a voice for the voiceless
- I am intentional about what I say, and how I say it
- I am well spoken
- I overcome challenges through effective communication
- I have the voice of a leader
- I am always finding new ways to express myself
- I know when it is my turn to listen
- I honor my truth
- I embrace my creativity and share it with the world
- My words are aligned with my true self
- I have a gift for saying the right thing
- I am learning how to express myself more clearly each day
- I give myself permission to say no
- In conversation, I seek the truth
- What I have to say matters
- I speak intelligently
Closing thoughts on affirmations for the throat chakra
Communication is such a big part of life. I know what it feels like to be misunderstood, and unable to express yourself. It can be such an awful and lonely feeling.
If you’re feeling like that, I hope these throat chakra affirmations can help you find your voice and express yourself in a meaningful way.
What was your favorite of these throat chakra affirmations? Let us know in the comments!