If you’re feeling out of balance emotionally or creatively, sacral chakra affirmations could be the answer for you!
The sacral chakra is all about pleasure and joy, so when it’s blocked, life can feel awful. But don’t worry – there are plenty of things that can be done to heal this imbalance and start enjoying the pleasures of life again!
One of the best ways to unblock your sacral chakra is by using affirmations specifically targeted at this energy center. In this blog post, we’ll discuss 45 powerful sacral chakra affirmations that can help you recenter your creativity, joy, and pleasure.
About the sacral chakra
The sacral chakra is your second chakra, located near your pelvic region. It’s responsible for creativity, pleasure, and joy. Many people associate the sacral chakra with sexuality. While it is believed to govern sexuality, your sacral chakra is said to be responsible for your ability to enjoy life in all of its aspects.
Signs of a balanced sacral chakra
If you have a balanced sacral chakra, you likely see your life as something to be enjoyed. You likely have a vivid imagination, and find ways to express yourself creatively. A balanced sacral chakra is also associated with healthy feelings about intimacy, and healthy sex life.
Signs of a blocked sacral chakra
If your sacral chakra is blocked, you might feel feelings of guilt and shame. You might not be in tune with your own desires, or worse, reject them. You might also feel unable to enjoy the things you normally would.
Sacral chakra fast facts
Location: below the naval in the pelvic region
Governs: creativity, joy, pleasure
Oils: sandalwood, ylang ylang, clary sage, neroli
Signs of a balanced root chakra: Active creativity and imagination, healthy feelings toward intimacy, expressive, joyful
Signs of unbalanced root chakra: withdrawn, low self esteem, unable to enjoy life
How to balance your sacral chakra
There are several ways to balance your sacral chakra. A few of my favorites:
In chakra meditation, the idea is to focus your attention on where the chakra is located in your body and visualize healthy energy flow. For sacral chakra meditation, you might visualize a warm, orange light
Did you know that certain yoga poses are said to have positive effects on your chakras? For the sacral chakra, focus on goddess pose, downward facing dog, and bound angle pose.
Sacral chakra affirmations
My personal favorite way to balance your sacral chakra is through sacral chakra affirmations. The sacral chakra affirmations in this post are all ideas and qualities associated with a healthy sacral chakra. By repeating them, you can enforce their reality and develop traits associated with a healthy sacral chakra.
How sacral chakra affirmations work
When you use sacral chakra affirmations, you’re telling yourself certain truths that are associated with a healthy sacral chakra. For example, you might say, “I enjoy life”
When you do this, you are telling yourself that this is true. You give yourself permission to enjoy life to the fullest. Even if you don’t believe it at first, if you keep telling yourself positive thoughts, they may help you create a more positive reality for yourself.
Essentially, sacral chakra affirmations can help you change your thoughts in a positive direction so that you feel more joyful, creative, and expressive.
How to use sacral chakra affirmations
There is no one size fits all way to use positive affirmations. These chakra affirmations can work differently for everyone. A few of my favorite ways to use sacral chakra affirmations are:
- Use them as mantras in your meditation. Pick an affirmation that really stands out to you and use it as a part of your meditation. Instead of focusing only on your breath, or using another mantra, simply repeat the sacral chakra affirmation over and over in your meditation practice. This can really help internalize the affirmation and plant a seed in your mind.
- Journal on these charka affirmations. If you’re working on balancing your sacral chakra, you might struggle with some of the things on this list. If you particularly struggle to believe any of these affirmations could be true to you, it’s a good idea to set aside some time to journal on that affirmation and help uncover any blockers.
- Say these affirmations out loud in the morning. Probably the most popular way to use affirmations is to say them out loud to yourself. Saying affirmations out loud is a great way to make these affirmations feel true. Do this every morning and in time, you may start to feel more balanced in your creativity, pleasure, and intimacy.
45 sacral chakra affirmations
- I enjoy life
- Creativity flows freely within me
- I express myself easily
- I embrace my sexuality
- I have healthy boundaries
- I am able to have healthy intimate relationships.
- I am confident in my body
- I give myself permission to have fun
- I am spontaneous
- I am safe to express my sexuality
- My body is sacred
- I am full of energy
- I love creating art
- I see the value in fun, play, and enjoyment of life
- I am desirable
- I enjoy my body
- I am joyful
- I welcome my emotions
- I nurture myself
- I deserve to enjoy today
- I recognize and honor my desires
- I respect others boundaries
- I respect myself
- I embrace pleasure
- I experience the present moment whole heartedly
- Life is sweet
- The ways in which I choose to express myself are valuable
- I create beautiful things
- Self expression is a priority to me
- I am unique
- I am passionate about living life to the fullest
- I am sensual
- I love to play
- Intimacy comes easily to me
- I allow myself to be vulnerable
- I treat my physical body with respect
- I am artistic
- I am open to healthy physical relationships
- I love to have fun
- I am in touch with my emotions
- I find joy in the little things
- I embrace my desires without fear or judgement
- I acknowledge the power of physical touch
- I embrace my creativity
- I attract people who respect me
It’s so important to enjoy life and feel free to express yourself. Many people undervalue the power of fun, creativity, and passion. I hope these sacral chakra affirmations inspired you to think about these topics in a new way!
Which of these sacral chakra affirmations were your favorite? If there’s any that stood out to you, don’t forget to write it down and place it somewhere you will see it.
Remember, affirmations only work when you use them!