- What are positive affirmations?
- How can affirmations help with weight loss?
- Tips for using these affirmations for weight loss
- List of affirmations for weight loss
- Closing Thoughts on Weight Loss Affirmations
When it comes to losing weight, your mindset matters more than you think. We’ve all tried to diet with the intention of quickly shedding a few pounds, and ended up gaining it back in the end because we weren’t ready to make long term changes. So how do you change your mindset on losing weight? Affirmations for weight loss can certainly help.
I’ve written a list of my 85 favorite affirmations for weight loss, that focus on topics such as loving your body, developing healthy habits, building a fitness routine, and more.
Before we get into the affirmations, let’s learn more about positive affirmations and how they can help with weight loss.
What are positive affirmations?
Positive affirmations are statements that you repeat to yourself in order to influence your thoughts, beliefs, and eventually actions. They can help you overcome negative thoughts and doubts, and achieve your goals.
This can help in any area of life, including helping you achieve your health and fitness goals like losing weight. The key is that positive affirmations don’t focus on specific goals, like “I want to lose 5 pounds.” They focus on who you want to become, for example, ” I prioritize my health.” This is why they are often referred to as “I am statements.”
Positive affirmations should be present tense, focus on the positive, and focus on who you want to become.
How can affirmations help with weight loss?
I will never claim that affirmations are a magic wand to help you lose weight. There’s simply no such thing.
However, affirmations can definitely be an amazing tool to help you in your journey.
Using affirmations for weight loss can help you stay motivated and focused on your goals. They remind us what we want, affirm that it is attainable, and reinforce our belief in ourselves.
When it comes to weight loss, positive thoughts like “I am making progress toward my fitness” will make a big difference in your success.
When you repeat an affirmation like this, you start to believe it’s true. When you believe you’re making progress, you’re less likely to succumb to temptation or just simply give up.
Specifically, here are a few ways affirmations on weight loss can help:
- They can serve as reminders of your daily health habits
- They can help you learn to love the body you are in at all sizes
- They can help provide encouragement at difficult times in your weight loss journey
- They can remind you what you are capable of
Tips for using these affirmations for weight loss
There are so many different ways to use positive affirmations. When it comes to weight loss, here are some of the best ways to use positive affirmations:
Say these weight loss affirmations to yourself while working out
If you work out at home, you can even say them out loud. Affirm that you are prioritizing your fitness, and it’s making a meaningful impact on your weight loss journey.
Place these affirmations on sticky notes on your fridge or pantry
Consider the affirmation “I make healthy choices for myself.” When is it most important for you to hear that? Probably when you’re about to grab a bite to eat.
Place these affirmations on your mirror and say them out loud
One of the hardest parts of weight loss is looking in the mirror every day and not being happy with what you see. But learning to love your body as it is, and still wanting to lose weight is a delicate art. Place weight loss affirmations that will help you learn to love yourself on your mirror. Then, say them out loud each morning
List of affirmations for weight loss
- I am healthy and fit
- I am in the best health of my life
- I prioritize exercise
- I make healthy choices each day
- I have fun getting in shape
- I love my body
- I deserve to look and feel healthy
- I take care of my physical body
- I drink plenty of water each day
- I love eating fruits and veggies
- I eat food that makes me feel good
- I nourish my body with nutritious food
- I redirect my focus away from food cravings
- My cravings do not control me
- I am full of energy
- I enjoy food, and it does not control me
- I am an athlete
- I have excellent self control
- I am proud of how far I have come
- I eat mindfully, enjoying each bite
- I am motivated to make a change
- I love my body’s ability to change
- I release shameful feelings I have about food
- My health is a long term commitment
- I prioritize my health over my appearance
- Eating healthy is second nature to me
- I am proud of my weight loss
- I am proud of how my body has changed
- Weight is just a number
- Exercise makes me feel amazing
- I am determined
- I say kind things about my body
- I choose progress over perfection
- I trust my body
- I celebrate small victories when it comes to my health and fitness
- I accept my imperfections
- It is healthy and perfectly natural for my weight to fluctuate
- I will reach my fitness goals
- The only opinion I care about is my own
- I crave healthy foods
- I am patient with my weight loss
- When I think about pursuing health and fitness, I am excited and happy
- I am proud of the muscle I have gained
- I eat enough protein
- I love my body for all the wonderful things it allows me to do
- I can soothe myself without turning to unhealthy food
- I accept and embrace my body’s natural shape
- I have control over my cravings and impulses
- I always choose water over soft drinks
- Losing weight is a just side effect to making healthy choices
- I honor my own, unique, weight loss journey
- Losing weight is just one part of my commitment to wellbeing
- I believe in myself
- I am a success story
- I can enjoy any food in moderation
- I lose weight in a safe and healthy way
- I can do anything I set my mind to
- I write in my food diary each day
- I recognize small steps
- I am strong
- I’m proud of myself for saying no to my cravings
- I make the time to prepare healthy foods for myself
- There is no better time spent than for my health
- I listen to my body and honor its needs
- My curves make me beautiful
- I eat to fuel my body
- Healthy food is a gift
- I am conscious of my feelings about food and eating
- It is possible for me to be slim and healthy
- I am becoming the best version of myself
- I am stronger than any excuse
- I stop eating when I am full
- I am willing and motivated to change my habits
- I am making progress in ways that the scale cannot measure
- I eat healthy meals 3 times a day
- The time a spend planning and preparing healthy meals is a worthy investment in my health
- I get plenty of sleep
- I’ll always eat healthy, even after reaching my goal
- Fitness has become an irreplaceable part of my life
- I will get back on track
- Results take time, and that’s okay. I enjoy the journey.
- Weight loss does not define my life
- I am finding what works for me
- I find creative ways to stay active during the day
- There is no greater investment than my health
Closing Thoughts on Weight Loss Affirmations
Weight loss can be difficult, but pursuing your healthiest self can also be an amazing journey. Affirmations for weight loss are a great way to start getting on the right path and make changes that will stick in the long run. This list of affirmations for losing weight is just one resource you can use as you work towards your goals.