Did you know that affirmations can be quotes too? That’s right! Quotes from famous authors, celebrities, and artists can be a great way to start your day.
Some of the best positive affirmations come from quotes because they come from the heart, and speak to personal experiences.
Quotes may phrase things in a way you haven’t thought of, and therefore make beautifully written affirmations.
In this blog post, we will share 40 of our favorite inspirational quotes that also double as positive affirmations. Use them as part of your daily routine to boost confidence, improve self love, stay motivated, and more!
What are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are simple statements that you can use to overcome negative thought patterns and develop a more positive relationship with yourself. Often, positive affirmations look something like:
“I am enough.”
They are statements you make about your own life in present tense. Different affirmations can help you grow in different ways. For example, some of the best ways to use positive affirmations are to improve the following areas of life:
- self love. 50 inspiring affirmations for self love →
- confidence. 100 Confidence Boosting Affirmations →
- having a positive attitude
The main difference between quotes and affirmations is that affirmations are personal statements that you make to yourself, while quotes are statements from other people.
That said, quotes can be a great source of inspiration for your positive affirmations.
Can you use quotes as positive affirmations?
Yes, you can use quotes as affirmations!
Some quotes can work as affirmations exactly how they are written. For others, you can make small changes to the quote to transform it into a positive affirmation that is personal to you. Or, if you just need some inspiration to write your own affirmations, quotes can help with that, too!
One key trait of positive affirmations is that they should be personal, and written from your own point of view.
For example, if you want to use the quote
“ You are so loved”
as an affirmation, it’s a good idea to rewrite it as:
“I am so loved”
This is a super simple example of how to make a quote you love into a personal positive affirmation.
In this article, we’ve picked quotes that make great affirmations as is, or can be changed just slightly to be used as affirmations.
How to Use these Quotes as Positive Affirmations
The positive quote affirmations in this article are not just meant to be read once, but rather to be used on a regular basis.
To use affirmations, it’s important to write or say them many times over a period of time. This is what gives them the ability to change your thought patterns and build a more positive mindset.
So, before reading these affirmations. Consider a few ways you might apply them in your life.
A few of my favorite ways to use positive affirmations:
- Say them out loud to yourself in the mirror. It might feel weird at first to talk to yourself, but this can actually make your affirmations more effective. Not to mention, it’s a great way to start your day.
- Put your affirmation somewhere you will see it frequently, like your phone wallpaper. These quotes, especially, make great phone wallpapers. This will help you remember your affirmation throughout the day.
- Journal on your affirmations. To journal affirmations, simply write them multiple times in a row in your journal. It can feel repetitive, but it helps you internalize your affirmation.
These are just a few ways to use affirmations. Really, it’s whatever works best for you. Just make sure however you decide to use affirmations, you stay consistent.
40 Quotes to use as Positive Affirmations
1. I bet on myself
“If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”Beyonce
2. I am my own work of art
“I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”Madonna
3. I will always find a way
“I will always find a way and a way will always find me.”Charles F. Glassman
4. I am sure of myself as a person
“I am sure of myself as a person. I am sure of my talent. I’m sure of my love for life and that sort of thing. I am very content, I like the kind of person that I am.”Dolly Parton
5. Momentum builds success
“Momentum builds success.”Suzy Kassem
6. I am finding out who I am
“Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.”Ellen Degeneres
7. I like my story and all the bumps and bruises
“I like me. I like my story and all the bumps and bruises. That’s what makes me uniquely me.”Michelle Obama
8. I take self love seriously
“I take self-love very seriously.”Lizzo
9. This is my life
“This life is mine alone. So, I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been.”Glennon Doyle
10. When I feel good about myself, I treat others better
“When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.”Solange
11. I glow externally because I love myself internally
“You must love yourself internally to glow externally.”Hanna Bronfman
12. I was made exactly the way I was meant to be
“I was made exactly the way I was meant to be made in who I am and my personality and the way I was born.”Meghan Rapinoe
13. I always feel confident
“I always feel confident. I never allow myself to not feel confident.”Amber Rose
14. Like a flower, I will grow back even after the harshest winter
“Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will, too.”Jennae Cecilia
15. I’m ready to be out there and be different
“I just do whatever the heck I want to do. Whatever I feel at this point — I’m unafraid. I’m ready to be out there and be different”Zendaya
16. Im centered in who I am, and I’m grateful
“I’m centered in who I am, and I’m really grateful. I’m not perfect.”Letitia Wright
17. I have the courage to be myself
“I have the courage to stand and say, ‘This is who I am.’”Oprah Winfrey
18. I stand tall on my own two feet
“I have a confidence about my life that comes from standing tall on my own two feet.”Jane Fonda
19. I am brave enough to be my true self
“Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self.”Queen Latifa
20. I fear nothing. I am free
“I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.”Nikos Kazantzakis
21. I am the greatest
I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.Muhammad Ali
22. I am capable
“Put all excuses aside and remember this – you are capable.”Zig Ziglar
23. I am still learning
“I am still learning”Michelangelo
24. I’m powerful and confident
“I’m Black, I’m strong, I’m powerful and I’m confident.”Serena Williams
25. I am beautiful because I am confident
“The most beautiful things you can wear is confidence.”Blake Lively
26. I am blessed with God’s grace
“It has been great journey from where I have started to where I am today. I am really blessed with God’s grace.”Dhanush
27. I am beautiful because I decide to be myself
“Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”Coco Chanel
28. The things that make me different make me, me
“The things that make me different are the things that make me.”Winnie the Pooh
29. I am surrounded by people I love
“I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace.”Matt Lauer
30. Confidence is 10% hard work and 90% delusion
“Confidence is 10 percent hard work and 90 percent delusion.”Tina Fey
31. I worked hard to be here.
“I’ve been doing this a long time. This is not a mistake. I worked hard to be here. And you know what? Congratulations to myself.”Jennifer Lopez
32. I continue to live authentically
“My greatest accomplishment is my continued will to live authentically.”Hari Nef
33. I am successful because I keep going
“As long as you keep going , you’ll keep getting better. And as you get better, you gain more confidence. That alone is success.”Tamara Taylor
34. I am enough
“You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anybody.”Maya Angelou
35. I dare to show up.
I dare to show up when everyone else might hide their faces and hide their bodies in shame. I show up because I’m an asshole, and I want to have a good time. And my mother and my father love me.Gabourney Sidibe
36. I think I’m doing great
“At any given moment in my life, I think I’m doing great.”Grace Potter
37. This is the best thing I’ve ever done
“Every time I create something, I feel it’s the best thing I’ve ever done.”Alicia Keys
38. My own opinion is important to me
My own opinion is really important to me. It starts and stops there.Lana Del Ray
29. I am who I am, and I am proud
“God made me the way I am, and I accept myself. I am who I am, and I’m proud of myself.”Caster Semenya
40. I am the entire ocean in a drop
“You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”Rumi
Which of these quote affirmations inspired you?
As you went though this list of quotes, which ones stood out to you?
If there are any quotes that particularly made you feel something, that’s. sign it could be a great affirmation to continue to use.
Write your affirmation down so you won’t forget it. Better yet, say it out loud to yourself right now!