Whether you’re a crystal aficionado or a total beginner, you’re probably able to recognize a rose quartz crystal. Rose quartz is known as the crystal of love and compassion, and is said to have benefits for skincare, relationships, and more.
Keep reading to learn more about the meaning and uses of the powerful rose quartz crystal.
What is Rose Quartz?
Rose quartz is a light, translucent pink mineral. If you’ve ever been to a crystal store, or even some jewelry stores, you’ve probably seen rose quartz before. It’s known for its gorgeous pink color, which actually comes from small amounts of titanium, iron oxide, or manganese.
More recently, rose quartz has been used to make aesthetic skin care tools, like gua shas and facial rollers.
Like it’s soft and feminine pink color suggests, rose quartz is known among crystal enthusiasts as being the crystal of unconditional love.
Crystal healers believe that the presence and use of rose quartz can thus encourage both giving and receiving love.
It’s important to note, though, that the benefits of rose quartz have not been studied scientifically.
However, in one study, people were given either a real or fake crystal and asked to hold onto it for 5 minutes while meditating.
Some of them were told specifically to notice any effects the crystal would have on them.
At the end of the study, some people reported feeling “a warm sensation in the hand holding the crystal, as well as an increased feeling of overall well being.”
The people who felt this were the ones who had been asked to notice the effects the crystal had on them, regardless of whether they were holding a real or fake crystal.
This is known as the placebo effect.
What it tells us, though, is that while the benefits of crystals like rose quartz may not be proven, If you believe that they can bring you feelings of warmth, love, and peace, they may actually do just that.
5 Benefits of the Rose Quartz Crystal
1. Rose quartz can bring peace, love, and romance into your bedroom.
According to crystal expert Kuhoo Gupta, rose quartz should be placed in the bedroom to bring positive energy.
She recommends keeping rose quartz on your nightstand or bedside table. This can help bring balance to your relationship, and help you and your partner remain calm under stressful situations. Gupta also recommends creating a rose quartz gem water to spritz on furniture, which can increase feelings of love and commitment in your bedroom.
2. Rose quartz can enhance your skincare routine
You’ve probably seen rose quartz facial rollers or gua shas by now, and are wondering what the benefits of rose quartz for your skin are.
And when it comes to skincare, there’s actually quite a few benefits.
- Using a rose quartz roller or gun sha can stimulate lymphatic drainage, leaving you looking less puffy. Have you seen gua sha before and after pics? The results can be insane!
- Gemstone rollers can help your favorite skincare products work even better. By increasing circulation and opening up your pores, you may get increased benefits from skincare products like serums and creams.
- Gemstone rollers or gua has can relieve tension in your facial muscles, preventing wrinkles from forming. If you hold a lot of tension in your face, a rose quartz roller can be the perfect tool to give yourself a relaxing facial massage.
- Increased circulation from rose quartz skincare tools may increase cell turnover and stimulate collagen production, leading to plump, age-resistant skin.
3. Rose quartz can heal your heart chakra
Rose quartz is the crystal of the heart chakra. Chakras are said to be energy points at different areas of your body, that can help you channel and work through various emotions.
The heart chakra, Anahata, is located near your heart and lungs, and is said to be responsible for compassion, trust, and self love.
Rose quartz can help you open a blocked heart chakra and work towards fostering these positive emotions.
4. Rose quartz can improve your interpersonal relationships
Rose quartz can help you improve all types of relationship- from friends, to family, to romantic partners.
While there’s no scientific evidence for this, many people can attest to the benefits.
In an article by Hannah Hickok from Stylecaster, she explains how she built a routine of several rituals with rose quartz, which led to her and her boyfriend more opening sharing their feelings in their relationship.
She notes, “Whether these moments were a result of the crystals themselves or the fact we were hyper-aware of our relationship for the sake of this story isn’t exactly clear,” but that setting aside time for these rituals made a difference in her relationship nonetheless.
5. Rose Quartz Can Aid in Meditation
Many people meditate with crystals to tap into specific emotions. If you are using your meditation to improve self love or love for others, the presence of rose quartz may help you.
By holding on to a rose quartz crystal while meditating, you can remind yourself of the focus of your meditation. To take this a step further, you may even try going through a guided rose quartz meditation.
How Can You Use Rose Quartz?
At this point, you may be wondering how to use rose quartz to get all of these amazing benefits. There are so many different ways to use rose quartz. The key is finding one, or a few, that work best for you.
Here are a few ways to use rose quartz for these benefits:
- Use rose quartz in your skincare routine: One of the simplest ways to incorporate rose quartz into your routine and get the skincare benefits of it, is to use a rose quartz roller or gua sha as a part of your nightly skincare routine.
- Decorate your home with rose quartz: one alternative to wearing crystals holding them, is to simply place them around your home or apartment. Because rose quartz is associated with love, consider placing rose quartz decorations in areas like near your mirrors, to promote self love, or in the bedroom, to increase romantic love.
- Meditate with rose quartz. As previously mentioned, meditating with rose quartz is a great way to consciously bring to mind its benefits for love and compassion.
- Wear a rose quartz necklace. Not only does rose quartz have amazing benefits, but it also happens to be exceptionally beautiful! There are many amazing jewelry options to wear rose quartz as a constant reminder of love and compassion.
Closing Thoughts of Rose Quartz
Are you convinced to start using rose quartz? Whats important to remember about all these benefits, is that it’s more about how you use your crystal than the crystal itself.
Bringing rose quartz into your life can help you call forward feelings of love and compassion, making it more present in your day to day. It can be an amazing reminder, whether you add rose quartz to your skincare routine or meditation practice.
So, how can rose quartz help you?
In what areas of your life are you in need of a little more loving energy?
Ask yourself this to learn how you should use rose quartz in your own life.