Your morning sets the tone for your entire day, and positive morning affirmations can help you ensure it’s a good one.
You probably know what it feels like to wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and feel just a bit off for the entire day. The morning is a powerful time for setting your mood.
Positive affirmations for the morning allow you to be intentional about how you start the day. Instead of letting the day happen to you, morning affirmations allow you to create the day ahead.
Morning affirmations are a set of positive statements that you say to yourself every morning, in order to set the tone for the day. They can help you focus on your goals, build self love, and just have a great day in general.
I’ve written 100 morning affirmations for you to use every morning. Before we get into the morning affirmations, let’s learn more about affirmations and how to use them.
What are affirmations?
Morning affirmations are short, positive statements that can help to set an intention for the day.
They help you intentionally bring to mind certain ideas and beliefs to create more positive thoughts and actions.
Positive affirmations for the morning specifically focus on intentions for setting a positive tone for the day ahead, or relate to how you will carry yourself through the day.
If you want to learn more about affirmations, and whether they actually work, I have a whole post on affirmations that goes into a lot more detail.
How do positive affirmations work?
Saying or writing positive affirmations can help you replace your negative thoughts with positive ones.
Most people go through the day on auto-pilot, not examining their thoughts.
And, as the saying goes, your thoughts become your actions, and your actions become your reality.
Positive affirmations allow you to take control of the thoughts that shape your reality, and create a more positive reality.
When you repeat a positive affirmation, your brain begins to believe it, and eventually you will start to act on it.
This can help you achieve your goals and improve your life overall.
Why should you start your day with positive affirmations in the morning?
Every morning is an opportunity for a fresh start. Regardless of what happened the previous day, you can take the time to set new intentions for the day.
The reasons for starting the morning with positive affirmations are different for everyone. If you are going through a tough time, morning affirmations can help you take each day one step at a time. If you’re working towards some big dreams or goals, morning affirmations can help you ensure you make progress each day.
Whatever the case, morning affirmations will empower you to take control over what’s going on in your mind, allowing you to move on with the day in a more positive and intentional manner.
So ask yourself why you want to start using positive affirmations in the morning, and pick affirmations that feel personal to you.
The morning also makes a great time for positive affirmations because you can work them into your existing morning routine. Maybe you do morning affirmations after brushing your teeth, or before you leave the house.
How to start the day with positive affirmations
Positive affirmations can be used in a number of ways. Here are a few tips on how to use them:
- Repeat your affirmations out loud. Yes, it’s important to say affirmations out loud. This will help your affirmations feel more real, and you’ll start to believe them more easily.
- Write your affirmations down. Writing affirmations repeatedly can help you remember them and stay focused on your goal.
- Write your affirmations in a place where you will see them every day. This will help you to keep your affirmations at the front of your mind, and remind you to say them out loud. A good place for morning affirmations is the bathroom mirror.
Looking for other ways to use positive affirmations? Check out my post on affirmations for more.
What makes a good morning affirmation?
While a morning affirmation can be anything you like, there’s a few traits of a good morning affirmation:
- A morning affirmations should focus on goals that are new, present, and meaningful to you.
- A good morning affirmation should be phrased in a positive way. For example “I keep on going” vs “I will not quit”
- They should make you feel more powerful, loved, confident, etc. than before. Meaning, your affirmations may evolve over time as you grow.
- Morning affirmations should be personal to you and no one else, and they should reflect your personal values. Hopefully, you can find some that feel right for you on this list. If not, you can definitely write your own.
100 Morning Affirmations
Positive energy morning affirmations
- I wake up feeling refreshed and full of energy.
- I am refreshed and full of energy
- This morning, I feel empowered
- Today is a fresh start
- I release yesterday’s burdens and start fresh
- I radiate positivity
- I am in perfect alignment
- I choose to attract positive energy today
- I focus on what is positive
- I will uplift and empower others today
Good morning affirmations
- Today, I will have a good morning
- I am ready to start my morning on a positive foot
- I am grateful for the new opportunity this morning brings
- I look forward to what the day will bring
- I start today with a grateful heart
- It is a wonderful morning
- I love the hope & possibility this morning brings
- I meet this new day with an open mind
- Thank you for this new day
- Today could be the best day of my life
Powerful morning affirmations
- Today, I am willing to face my fears
- I will make a positive difference today
- I have the power to make today amazing
- Something wonderful will happen today
- I can and I will
- There are no limits to what today has in store
- My small actions lead to incredible results
- Today, I am overflowing with joy
- The world needs my contribution
- I can handle anything that is in store for me today
morning affirmations for women
- I am proud of who I am becoming
- I am a patient woman (or use wife, mom, friend, etc.)
- I am fierce
- I am worthy of love
- I love my body
- I am free to be my own, unique self
- I know my worth
- I embrace my imperfections
- I am beautiful
- I am proud to be a woman
morning affirmations for success
- I will accomplish my goals today
- I will do great things today
- Today will bring me closer to my dream life
- My success is inevitable
- Every morning is a new opportunity for me to succeed.
- I will recognize and seize the opportunities of today
- I have everything I need to succeed
- I am powerful, capable, and deserving of success in everything that I do today
- I make a difference in the world
- Today, I am prepared to work hard to create a life I love
Morning affirmations for self love
- I am doing my best
- I am never alone
- I am proud of my growth
- Today, I will nourish my body
- I am brave
- I love myself unconditionally
- I am enough
- Today, I will be gentle with myself
- Today, I will say kind things to myself
- I will honor my boundaries today
Morning affirmations for confidence
- I am strong and confident
- I am in control of my own life
- I make choices that are best for me.
- I am loved
- I take up space
- I accept myself for who I am, and I am proud of my accomplishments.
- Today, I will move forward confidently
- I carry myself with strength and confidence
- Confidence comes naturally to me
- I believe in my abilities
Short morning affirmations
- Today is wonderful
- I am unstoppable
- I can do this
- I am grateful
- I deserve happiness
- I respect my journey
- Today I will thrive
- The universe will provide
- Today is special
- I’m ready for the day
Morning affirmations for happiness
- I am exactly where I need to be
- Today, I choose to be happy
- I am happy with who I am.
- I radiate happiness and joy.
- I allow myself to be happy in this moment.
- Every day, I get better and better at being happy.
- I find joy in the little things
- I am happier than I’ve ever been
- I do what makes me happy
- Happiness is possible for me
Morning affirmations for a good day
- Today’s possibilities are endless
- I will enjoy the simple moments today brings
- I deserve to have a great day
- I live in the moment
- I have everything I need to make today a great day
- There is good in every day
- I am excited to create the day
- Today I will celebrate small victories
- I will live today with purpose and passion
- Good things are coming today
If you’re looking for a way to start your day off on the right foot, morning affirmations may be just what you need! These positive statements can help you focus on your goals and work towards them with determination. Morning affirmations are a great way to set the tone for the day and achieve success in everything that you do.
Give them a try, and see for yourself how they can make a difference in your life!